The District courts in Bulgaria are 28 and they are situated in the District centers. The District court – Pazardzhik is one of them. Its court region includes: Regional court – Pazardzhik, Regional court – Peshtera, Regional court – Panagyurishte , Regional court – Velingrad. Their decisions are appealed in District court – Pazardzhik as a higher /appealing/ court. Its decisions as a primary court can be appealed in Court of Appeal – Plovdiv.
The District court can take and decide a case, which is under the jurisdiction of the Regional court from its court region. Under the jurisdiction of District court – Pazardjik are civil and penal cases, including:
• Claims for determine of parenthood;
• Claims by insolvency;
• Claims by citizens and commercial cases whit price of the claim over 10 000 lv.;
• Claims for change of the circumstances, written in the register of the District court;
• Ceasing of adoption;
• Complaints of citizens against the administrative acts;
• Serious crimes , including murders, acquiring and dissemination of drug substances, rapes, crimes against the Republic;
• Registration of all juridical persons with economic and nonprofit aim.
The District court serves as a third /cassation/ court cases, decided by the Regional court on claims against penal enactments and decisions of the agricultural land commissions /after the enactment on the claim by the Regional court/.